Free family festival celebrating our local community with a range of information booths (local community groups and environmental industries), kids activities (basket weaving, crafts corner, face painting), stage entertainment (instrumental, vocal) speakers tent, interpretive native animal display, food vendors, local schools involvement, cultural indigenous participation and demonstrations, boat trips to Goat Island, 'Market Chef' demonstrations and more.
Festival visitors can also:
- create decorative paper from natural fibres
- weave coconut frond fantasies
- share voices and stories in the yarning circle
- listen to the duelling poets in Poets Corner
- weave baskets from weeds
- join in the bicycle yarn bomb
- let their kids have great fun with face painting and games of all descriptions
- take time out in the Speakers Tent to learn more about 'The Importance of Place'
- watch our local trees battle it out for the most talented tree title in 'Sunshine Coast Trees Got Talent'